The purpose for training in the sword is to develop human character through the application of the principles of the Katana sword. The purpose of practicing the sword is:
- To mold the mind and body
- To cultivate a vigorous spirit
- And through correct and rigid training
- To strive for improvement in the art of the sword
- To hold in esteem human courtesy
- To associate with others with sincerity
- And to forever pursue the cultivation of oneself
- Thus will one be able to love his country and society
- To contribute to the development of oneself
- And to promote peace and prosperity among all people
Kendo is the art of Japanese fencing. “Ken” or tsurugi is from the character meaning sword. The character for “Do” or michi includes the meaning way or path which translates as “the way of the sword”. A path in life which is followed through
the training of kendo. Kendo, the way of the sword is the art of Japanese Samurai Swordsmanship. It is rooted in the traditions of Budo, the Martial Way. It is both
exhilarating and demanding to learn.
The Hai Dong Gum Do originated in the ancient kingdom of Kokuryo. In the beginning Sulbong sunin, who mastered the secret of swordmanship.
What our parents and students have to say about our programs:
Please check back soon for testimonials for this program!